City of Avalon Background Image

Here is where you can find answers to frequently asked questions about Planning and Building in Avalon

  • Are entitlements and/or permits issued by the City of Avalon or Los Angeles County
    •  All entitlements and permits are issued by the City of Avalon
  • Do contractors and subcontractors from outside City of Avalon need a business license?
    • Yes, any contractor or subcontractor doing work in the city of Avalon needs an Avalon business license.
  • Can my contractor bring a vehicle to Avalon?
    • Yes, but the vehicle requires a permit from the City of Avalon and cannot be parked on the public street overnight.
  • What building code applies to work in the City of Avalon
    • The City of Avalon has adopted the 2016 California Building Code